How Can You Boost Your Energy Fast?
Make a list with 2 columns.
In the 1st column. Write a list of “Things That Drain My Energy” and list all the things that drain your energy.
In the 2nd column. Write a list of “Things That Boost My Energy” and list all the things that boost your energy.
Here are some examples to give you some ideas –
but it’s important for you to create your own personal list :
Things That Drain My Energy
- Getting dehydrated – not drinking enough water.
- Too much junk food/processed food.
- Skipping meals.
- Drinking too much alcohol (more than 3 glasses a week).
- Lack of sleep (less than 8 hours a night)
- I never seem to find the time to exercise.
- Working too hard – not taking enough breaks during the day & holidays.
- I no longer enjoy my job and don’t look forward to going to work.
- Feeling stressed and overwhelmed.
- Being a perfectionist – setting unrealistic goals.
- Worrying about worse-case scenarios happening.
- Not being able to say “no” to things I don’t really want to do.
- The glaring light of a tablet, smartphone or computer before bed that disrupts the brains natural sleep-wake cycle.
- My home or workplace is cluttered and disorganised.
- There are people in my life who drain my energy.
- Something about my physical appearance bothers me.
- I’m spending more money than I’m earning. I have money worries.
Things That Boost My Energy
- Regular exercise – If time is short, take a 10 minute brisk walk around the block for a quick energy boost.
- Go for a run, play tennis, go for a bike ride, do some yoga – whatever fun exercise you enjoy.
- Choose your favourite way to de-stress – yoga, meditation, spend time in nature, write in your journal.
- Stay hydrated with 6 – 8 glasses of filtered or spring water.
- Eliminate caffeine after 2pm, as it stays in the system for hours after you drink it.
- Drink Green Tea, Rooibos Tea or Matcha tea. They are anti-ageing and help fight fatigue.
- Eat a high-protein breakfast to keep you sustained for the morning.
- Eat fresh, home-cooked food regularly.
- Have a protein snack in the mid-morning & afternoon.
- Eat an abundance of vegetables each day.
- Eat Chia seeds – They help to keep your energy up and keep you alert, fight fatigue & inflammation.
- Take your vitamins and minerals, fish oil, vitamin D etc every day.
- Stop eating 3 hours before bedtime.
- Make time for connecting with close family or friends – talking, arranging dinner parties.
- Take a power nap – Power naps boost brain power & improve mental performance.
- Help others and volunteer – so personally rewarding.
- Dab a few drops of peppermint oil on my wrists when my energy is lagging.
“Brainstorm” & write out your own personal list.
Then each day :
Let go of 1 thing that drains your energy
Add 1 thing that boosts your energy.
Who Doesn’t Want More Energy?
The exercise above is just one quick, fun way to improve your energy fast.
Sign up for my e-newsletter where I’ll be discussing so much more about Energy in all it’s forms including :
- Emotional Freedom Techniques
- Energy Medicine
- Energy Healing
- Energy Tips
and so much more!
Also, as an extra bonus, I wanted to share with you this fabulous video
“How To Boost Energy Naturally – The 5 Best Natural Energy Boosting Foods”
by Dr Josh Axe – that I know you will enjoy! :